The Marshwood Education Foundation is actively soliciting grant proposals from educators, administrators, and community members in the RSU 35 school district consisting of the communities of Eliot and South Berwick.
The Marshwood Education Foundation prides itself on its commitment to innovation and excellence. With this in mind we seek proposals that:
- Would normally not be funded through the school budget
- Are aligned with national, state and district standards
- Foster new partnerships between RSU 35 students and their school, other schools in the district, and or the community
Our goal is to support innovation and excellence in our schools with programs and teaching practices that enhance our students’ learning experiences. Proposals can be as broad as the imagination that our students bring to their learning.
If you have an idea for a proposal but are not sure how to develop it or proceed, we can help! Please contact our Grants Chair, Diane Smaracko, Grant Committee Chair.
Mini Grants (up to $1,500)
To help facilitate ideas that encourage innovation and excellence quickly, MEF is now offering mini grants to all educators, administrators and community members in the RSU 35 community. Visit the Mini Grants page to download applications.
Traditional MEF Grants (over $1,500): Application and Selection Process
Traditional grant applications can be submitted for approval twice a year, October 15 and March 15.
- Applicants need to fill out an application (PDF) and use the rubric (PDF).
- Applications must be post-marked and mailed to the MEF by submission dates.
- Applications can also be emailed to: Diane Smaracko, Grant Committee Chair.
The MEF Grants Committee reads, scores and recommends grant proposals to the Board for approval.
The MEF Grants Committee
The Grants Committee members are educators and business and community leaders. We are excited to partner with you to enhance your educational program and improve the educational experiences of RSU 35 students.
Questions? Please feel free to contact, Diane Smaracko, Grant Committee Chair.